Sorry for the short notice but please join for an easy pace trail run on the Takao-Jimba course. Takao provides some beginner friendly trails with a water refill point on the summit.
We'll take a trail called the 6th course on Takao, which is not crowded and very shady and cool along a stream (http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/cource/). It's 3.3K to the summit (about 1.5H if you hike), and then you can decide if you want to keep running toward Jimba. I plan to do the Takao-Jimba round trip which is about 40K or may climb down the mountain from Jimba that makes 20K+.
We will meet outside of the Takaosanguchi Station (高尾山口駅, Keio Line) at 9 am around the coin locker area. In case the lockers are full, we may need to go back to the Takao Station for empty lockers.
After the run, we can go to an onsen near the Takao station.
What to bring:
- Your drink/Camelpak (bottles are OK, too, but pls note that bottles can move/shift around a lot in your backpack as you run): At least 1 L of liquid. There are a few vendors on these mountains where you can refill. But please don't underestimate your water needs on mountains especially under the hot weather.
(I have a couple of extra running backpacks and one of them comes with a 2L camelpak. Let me know if you want to borrow one.)
- Some foods/snacks/candies, etc. as this activity can take long hours. You need to keep charging your body.
- Trail shoes would be preferable, but regular running shoes should be ok for this course.
- Your cell phone (and if you have, extra battery would be sometimes very useful. Otherwise I recommend turning off your cell phone once on the trail.)
- Some cash, and your ID & Insurance Card or copies of those: You never know what will happen on mountains.
- Onsen stuff: towel, change of clothes (you can rent towels at the facility. Soap/Shampoo is provided for free.).
- If you have: the area map, a compass, headlight and other kinds of trail run/hiking goods as needed like insect repellent, a bear bell, a first aid kit, etc. ※ I strongly encourage the participants to bring their own map or feel free to ask me for a color copy in advance (50 yen).
Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, your request/recommendation is welcome! Looking forward to running with you!